The petrol version of the XC40 is available only in the R-Design trim while the diesel is offered in two
- Volvo, has launched the XC40 T4 R-Design petrol variant in India at Rs 39.9 lakh (ex-showroom).
- It is the first petrol variant of the Swedish carmaker’s entry-level SUV.
- The XC40 T4 R-Design is offered with BS6-compliant petrol unit that produces 190PS of power and 300Nm of torque. It comes mated to an 8-speed gearbox that sends power to the front wheels.
- Its equipment list consists of a variety of features that includes dual-zone climate control, a 14-speaker sound system from Harman Kardon, and a 9-inch infotainment system with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.
- The XC40 is also offered in BS4 diesel variants- Momentum and Inscription which are priced at Rs 39.9 lakh and Rs 43.9 lakh (ex-showroom) respectively.
- The XC40 rivals the likes of the Mercedes-Benz GLA, Audi Q3 and BMW X1.
Here’s what Volvo has to say:
Introducing the Volvo XC40 T4 R-Design (BSVI Certified)
Available at an attractive price of INR 39.9 lakh (ex-showroom) for the Sporty & Dynamic R-Design
New Delhi, 13th Dec 2019: Volvo Cars has launched the XC40 T4 R-Design Petrol variant based on the Compact Modular Architecture (CMA) at INR 39.9 lakh (Ex-Showroom). The XC40 R-Design is ready to take on the growing customer preference for petrol in the entry luxury SUV segment.
“The XC40 T4 R-Design is our first petrol offering in the entry-level SUV segment. XC40 is the first ever luxury car to win the ‘Premium Car Award 2019 by ICOTY’. It is also the ‘European Car of the Year 2018’. Our attractive pricing for the R-Design will gain a lot of traction for this variant. We are conscious of the customer’s preferences in features and made this entry level variant fully loaded.” said Charles Frump – Managing Director, Volvo Car India.
Source :- CarDekho.com