The upcoming sub-4 metre SUV from Hyundai is likely to get Hyundai’s N Line treatment; India launch uncertain
- The Hyundai Venue debuted simultaneously in India and the US in April 2019.
- A sportier looking N Line variant is likely to be introduced globally.
- N Line variants usually offer visual upgrades only; N Performance versions get power upgrades too.
- Hyundai Venue set to launch in India on 21 May 2019.
- Most powerful Venue option in India to be 1.0-litre turbo petrol variant that produces 120PS of power and 172Nm of torque.
- If launched, it could be the first N Line variant of any Hyundai model in the country.
While the variant list for the recently unveiled Hyundai Venue sub-compact SUV is yet to be confirmed for the Indian market, a sportier looking N Line variant is reportedly already in the works. It is expected to be offered in other international markets but its arrival in India is uncertain.
Hyundai’s N-Line badge is not the same as a full-on N Performance version as it does not involve any increase in performance or handling upgrades. Usually, N Line variants get certain styling updates to set it apart from their standard counterparts. Meanwhile, the carmaker is still considering the possibility of a full-blown N Performance variant of the Venue. Both of these developments were hinted by Hyundai North America’s chief operating officer Brian Smith.
In the US, the Venue is offered with a 1.6-litre petrol engine that produces 123PS of power. The Venue’s most powerful engine option in India will be the 1.0-litre turbo petrol unit that produces 120PS and 172Nm. It will be offered with a choice of a 6-speed manual or a 7-speed dual clutch transmission (DCT).
Source – Cardekho.com