The upcoming three-row MG Hector is likely to come with captain seats for the second row
- MG to introduce the three-row version of the Hector early next year.
- Seems like it will sport subtle aesthetic changes compared to the standard Hector.
- MG will offer the same engine options in the upcoming Hector as those of the five-seater version.
- Expect the three-row Hector to feature the same equipment as those available in the current Hector.
- The upcoming Hector will rival the likes of the upcoming three-row Tata Harrier and the next-gen Mahindra XUV500.
MG began its India innings with the launch of the mid-size, five-seater SUV, Hector. The next big update for Hector would be the launch of its three-row version, which is expected early next year. It has now been spotted for the first time with subtle design changes compared to the standard Hector.
In terms of changes, the upcoming Hector would bear a resemblance to the Baojun 530, which is the six-seater Hector for the Chinese market. The test mule was spotted flaunting reworked headlamps and LED DRLs along with a redesigned honeycomb grille. At the rear, the six-seater Hector is likely to get revised tail lamps and a reworked bumper with faux dual-exhaust tips. The Baojun 530 is 40mm longer than the five-seater Hector largely due to the revised bumpers.
As seen on the facelifted Chinese version, MG is expected to offer captain seats instead of a bench for the second row of the three-row Hector as well as a new interior colour scheme.
In terms of features, it is expected to borrow the features of the five-seat Hector. This includes a 10.4-inch vertically mounted touchscreen infotainment system, a panoramic sunroof, six airbags and more.
Mechanically, MG is likely to offer the same 1.5-litre turbo petrol unit, a 48V mild-hybrid version of the turbo petrol unit and the 2.0-litre diesel powertrain — all of which would be BS6-compliant at launch.
Expect the upcoming three-row Hector to rival the upcoming seven-seater Tata Harrier and the next-gen Mahindra XUV500.
Snap ‘n Win: Got spy pictures or videos of your own? Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org right away for a chance to win some cool goodies or vouchers.
Source :- CarDekho.com