Renault Kwid EV To Debut In China On April 16
The Kwid EV is likely to become the first electric vehicle from Renault in India
- The Kwid EV is based on the company’s modular CMF-A platform.
- Was first previewed as the K-ZE Concept at the 2018 Paris Motor Show.
- Final production model will be called the Renault City K-ZE.
- Set to make its global debut on April 16 at the 2019 Shanghai Motor Show.
- Restyled front and rear sets it apart from the Kwid it is based on.
- Likely to have a range of 200km on a single charge.
- Could rival the 2020 Maruti WagonR-based EV in India.
Renault is all set to unveil its Kwid-based EV called the City KZ-E on April 16 at the 2019 Shanghai Motor Show. Showcased as the K-ZE concept at the 2018 Paris Motor Show, the all-electric City KZ-E is the result of a collaboration between Renault and its Chinese partner, Dongfeng. The electric hatchback will go on sale in China soon and subsequently be launched in other markets, including Europe, soon.
Although information about the City K-ZE’s powertrain is scarce right now, it is expected to offer a real-world range of around 200km. Expect it to feature fast charging capabilities as well.