The Aura will be offered with three engines including the Venue’s 1.0-litre turbo-petrol
- The Hyundai Aura is based on the Grand i10 Nios hatchback.
- It will be a successor to the Hyundai Xcent and will rival the Dzire and Amaze.
- However, the Xcent will continue to be sold alongside the Aura.
- Expect the Aura to feature the same front end design as the Nios hatchback.
- It will be offered with the Nios’ 1.2-litre petrol and diesel engine with AMT option.
- It is expected to be priced between Rs 6 lakh to Rs 9 lakh.
Hyundai India has now announced that its upcoming sub-4m sedan, the Aura, will be unveiled on December 19. It also revealed the engine options that will be offered on the Aura. Hyundai will continue to sell the Xcent alongside the Aura just like the Grand i10 and the Grand i10 Nios.
The Aura will offer three BS6-compliant engine options: two petrol and one diesel. It will be powered by the Grand i10 Nios’ 1.2-litre petrol and diesel engines. Moreover, it will also get the 1.0-litre turbo petrol that is expected to put out 100PS and 172Nm from the Venue. While the Aura will miss out on the 7-speed DCT (dual clutch transmission) that’s offered on the the sub-4m SUV, it will be offered with a 5-speed AMT along with the manual gearbox.
|Displacement||1.2 Kappa Dual VTVT||1.0 Turbo GDi||1.2 U2 CRDi|
|Transmission||5-speed MT/AMT||5-speed MT||5-speed MT/AMT|
The Aura is based on the Grand i10 Nios and is expected to retain the latter’s features. This includes a dual-tone interior, a wireless phone charger, an 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system, among others.
The Aura will make its global debut on December 19 and is expected to go on sale at the Auto Expo 2020. Hyundai is likely to price the Aura in the range of Rs 6 lakh and Rs 9 lakh. Once launched, it will take on the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Dzire, Honda Amaze, Volkswagen Ameo, and the Tata Tigor.
Source :- CarDekho.com