The next long-range EV in India is expected to arrive in January 2020
- MG ZS EV expected to claim an ARAI-range of over 400km.
- Its 44.5kWh lithium-ion battery can be charged from 0 to 80 per cent in 40 minutes using a DC fast charger.
- Expected features include a panoramic sunroof, 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system and built-in air purifier.
- The ZS EV is expected to be priced around the Rs 20-lakh mark with multiple variants.
- Will be a direct rival to the Hyundai Kona Electric, which is priced at Rs 23.7 lakh (ex-showroom).
MG unveiled the ZS EV electric SUV in select international markets including China and the UK earlier this year. Now, the India-spec version of the ZS EV is scheduled to be revealed on December 5 with launch expected in January 2020.
The international spec of the ZS EV is powered by a 44.5kWh lithium-ion battery that drives an electric motor, which produces 150PS of power and 350Nm of torque. It’s an electric powertrain, so it doesn’t have any conventional gears, making it easy to use. The battery will likely offer over 400km of range on a single charge, under ARAI testing conditions.
MG claims the battery can be charged from 0 to 80 per cent in 40 minutes using a 50kW DC fast charger. A home box charger would take around 6 hours or more for a full charge. Like the Hyundai Kona electric SUV, the ZS EV will also get the option of using a standard three-pin plug for emergency charging when an EV charging station is not available. The charging port is located at the front of the car, concealed by the faux grill.
MG is expected to offer the ZS EV in India as a feature-loaded offering. In its global spec, it is equipped with an 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system, a panoramic sunroof, and an air purifier built into the climate control. The boot is spacious too with a capacity of 448 litres.
In India, the locally assembled ZS EV is expected to be priced around the Rs 20-lakh mark. At launch, its only direct rival will be the Hyundai Kona Electric, which has a starting price of Rs 23.7 lakh. The Tata Nexon EV will also be a sub-4m electric SUV but its max range is expected to be limited to 300km.
Source :- CarDekho.com