MG Starts Deliveries Of The Hector SUV
A couple weeks after the launch, buyers are starting to get the keys to their new MG SUV
- Hector deliveries begin nearly two weeks after launch.
- Waiting period for new Hector currently can stretch up to 7 months depending on variant and powertrain.
- Hector gets three powertrain options: 1.5-litre turbo-petrol, petrol mild-hybrid and 2.0-litre diesel.
- Hector offered in four variants: Style (base-spec), Super, Smart and Sharp (top-spec).
- Hector rivals Tata Harrier, Mahindra XUV500, Jeep Compass and even Hyundai Creta.
The MG Hector was launched in India on 27 June 2019, and customer vehicles are now being delivered, starting last Saturday (13 July 2019). It currently has introductory prices ranging between Rs 12.18 lakh and Rs 16.88 lakh (ex-showroom, India).
At the launch, MG announced over 10,000 pre-orders and the current waiting period for a Hector can extend upto 7 months depending on the city and choice of powertrain. The Hector is offered with three engine options: a 1.5-litre turbo-petrol, mild-hybrid tech with the turbo-petrol engine and a 2.0-litre diesel engine. It gets a 6-speed manual transmission with all of them but only the turbo-petrol engine gets the option of a 6-speed dual-clutch automatic option. It is the first SUV in its segment to offer a mild-hybrid setup for increased fuel efficiency.
MG is offering the Hector in four variants: Style, Super, Smart and Sharp. It comes with a host of features, comforts and segment-firsts such as the eSIM in the 10.4-inch infotainment system for internet connectivity and remote controls. The Hector also gets features like 360-degree camera, reclining second row of seats, panoramic sunroof and a powered tailgate.
The MG Hector mid-size SUV competes with the likes of the Tata Harrier, Mahindra XUV500 and Jeep Compass. Its lower entry prices also bring it into contention against the likes of smaller SUVs such as the Hyundai Creta.
Source :- CarDekho.com