The SUV now features Apple smartphone compatibility
- The MG Hector SUV was launched in June 2019 and its feature list includes a 10.4-inch touchscreen infotainment system. The system also gets an embedded eSIM for internet connectivity and MG’s connected car technology.
- MG Motor has announced the first over-the-air system update for the Hector. Included in that update is the addition of Apple CarPlay to the infotainment system. At launch, it only featured Android Auto compatibility.
- The update is free and can be downloaded just like an OS upgrade on a smartphone. Owners of the Hector’s Smart and Sharp variants will get a notification on the display to download it.
- The latest update will also enhance the overall user experience of the iSMART infotainment system.
- MG has received over 36,000 bookings for the Hector in total till date and is taking more orders at the moment.
Here’s the full release from the carmaker:
India’s first internet car – MG HECTOR receives first over-the-air (OTA) software update
New Delhi, Oct. 21: India’s first internet car – MG HECTOR has received the first over-the-air (OTA) software update that adds new features such as Apple Car Play and enhances the overall user experience with technological enhancements.
MG is one of the first in the automotive industry globally to provide free over-the-air software updates. With this, customers no longer need to get their cars all the way to the authorised service station for updating their infotainment system.
Starting today, customers of MG HECTOR’s Smart & Sharp variants will receive a notification on their touchscreen display to download the latest software update. The free update can be downloaded directly, just like smartphones, making it a ‘living car’. An embedded sim card enables internet inside the MG HECTOR’s iSMART infotainment system. The carmaker will roll out the update to the cars in batches.
“As the pioneer of internet cars in India, MG Motor India has been at the forefront of technology leadership in the automotive space. With the first over-the-air update in the Indian automotive industry, we are redefining the in-car experience and will continue to delight customers with more updates in the future,” said Rajeev Chaba, President & Managing Director, MG Motor India.
Launched on June 27 this year, the MG HECTOR has received more than 36,000 bookings so far.
Source :- CarDekho.com