The Kia Seltos outsold the more affordable S-Presso and Vitara Brezza last month
The festive month of October brought in relief for car manufacturers as sales finally picked up a little after languishing for the better part of the year. But as usual, the top gainer was Maruti followed by Hyundai and of course, the surprise entry – Kia – which is riding a wave of success with just a single product, the Seltos. Let’s take a look.
|October 2018||Model||October 2019||Model|
|22,180||Maruti Alto||19,569||Maruti Dzire|
|18,657||Maruti Baleno||19,401||Maruti Swift|
|17,404||Maruti Dzire||17,903||Maruti Alto|
|17,215||Maruti Swift||16,237||Maruti Baleno|
|15,832||Maruti Vitara Brezza||14,683||Hyundai Elite i20|
|13,290||Hyundai Elite i20||14,359||Maruti WagonR|
|11,820||Hyundai Grand i10||12,854||Kia Seltos|
|11,702||Hyundai Creta||10,634||Maruti S-Presso|
|10,655||Maruti WagonR||10,227||Maruti Vitara Brezza|
|9,260||Maruti Celerio||10,011||Maruti Eeco|
- Not much has changed in the past year as it has remained a family feud for the fourth spot where the Dzire, Swift, Alto and Baleno have remained the top-selling cars. Even the bottom two cars on the list are from Maruti, with almost identical sales figures.
- The overall sales numbers have been in a similar ballpark as last year, but the top-selling car in 2019 is more than 2,000 unit down on 2018’s best-seller.
- From three contenders in the top-selling list to just one, Hyundai has lost quite a bit this year. The Elite i20 has held its own and even saw a rise of more than 1,000 unit sales over 2018.
- The surprise entry here is the Kia Seltos, which is the most expensive offering in the pool but was still lapped up by nearly 13,000 customers. Kia Motors has now the fifth-highest market share in the Indian market all thanks to the Seltos.
- In its first full month of sales, the Maruti S-Presso crossed the 10,000 unit mark, becoming the best-selling car in its segment ahead of the Renault Kwid.
Source :- CarDekho.com