Hyundai Aura will share engine and transmission options with the Grand i10 Nios and the Hyundai Venue
- The Aura will be revealed sometime in December.
- Hyundai’s upcoming sub-4 sedan is based on the Grand i10 Nios.
- While the Aura will succeed the Xcent, the latter will remain on sale.
- It will get three BS6-compliant engine options: two petrol and a diesel.
- Like the Nios, the petrol and diesel engines will be offered with an AMT option.
- We expect the Aura to be priced between Rs 6 lakh and Rs 9 lakh (ex-showroom).
Hyundai recently flagged off test mules of upcoming Aura sub-4 metre sedan from its R&D Centre in Chennai and then, a couple of days later, revealed what engines it would be getting. Now, we have come to know that the successor to the Xcent will be revealed this year itself. The Korean carmaker plans to lift the covers off it sometime in December.
This accelerated timeline also indicates that Hyundai could be serious about launching the Aura by, or at the 2020 Auto Expo. Once the Aura is launched, Hyundai will continue to sell the Xcent in limited variants, just like it does with the Grand i10 and Grand i10 Nios.
The engine options for the Aura have already been revealed and apart from the 1.2-litre petrol and a diesel with similar displacement that are offered with the Xcent and Nios, the Aura will also be offered with the 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine from the Hyundai Venue. However, unlike the Venue, the Aura will not be offered the DCT (dual clutch transmission). Instead, it will get the option of an AMT with both 1.2-litre engines. Take a look at the engine specs and all the transmission options below.
|Displacement||1.2 Kappa Dual VTVT||1.0 Turbo GDi||1.2 U2 CRDi|
|Transmission||5-speed MT/ AMT||5-speed MT||5-speed MT/AMT|
When launched, we expect the Aura to be priced in the Rs 6 lakh to Rs 9 lakh bracket. At that price, it will go up against established players such as Maruti Suzuki Dzire, Honda Amaze, Ford Aspire, Tata Tigor and Volkswagen Ameo.
Source :- CarDekho.com