Honda City BS6 Bookings Open; To Launch Soon
Several dealers across the country have begun accepting unofficial bookings for the petrol-powered BS6-compliant Honda City
- For now, Honda will only upgrade the 1.5-litre petrol engine for the new emission norms.
- BS6 diesel-powered City is expected to be launched closer to the April 2020 deadline.
- Dealers in Pune, Jaipur, Kolkata and Lucknow have opened bookings for the updated sedan.
- Expect a price hike of up to Rs 30,000 courtesy of BS6 compliance.
- The Honda City petrol is currently priced between Rs 9.81 lakh and Rs 14.16 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi).
The fifth-gen Honda City is set to make its global debut later this month. But before that, the Japanese carmaker is gearing up to launch the BS6 version of the current-gen City in India. Recently, it had registered the BS6 petrol-manual version of the City with the Delhi RTO.
Now, we have come to know that several dealers in Pune, Mumbai, Jaipur, Chennai, Kolkata and Lucknow have started accepting unofficial bookings for the sedan’s BS6 avatar.
Honda has already confirmed its plans to continue selling diesel cars in India in the BS6 era. While the BS6 petrol-powered City is expected to be launched soon, Honda is likely to introduce the BS6-compliant diesel version closer to the deadline for the implementation of the new norms – 1 April 2020.
The City BS6 petrol is likely to be offered in the same variants as the current car. This includes four trims – SV, V, VX and ZX. The sedan is likely to be offered with the same set of features as well. So expect rear parking sensors, dual airbags, ABS with EBD and the LED DRLs to be retained.
Currently, the City is priced between Rs 9.81 lakh and Rs 14.16 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi). Post BS6-compliance, the prices are likely to increase by about Rs 30,000 for the petrol City.
Source :- CarDekho.com