2020 Honda City Gets Kia Seltos, MG Hector Like Connected Technology
The updated Honda Connect system is expected to make an appearance in India with the fifth-gen 2020 Honda City
- New Honda Connect system has made its debut in the new-gen City and Jazz.
- It has only been revealed in Thailand as of now.
- The new system could possibly offer WiFi to passengers inside the cabin.
- Hyundai Venue, Elantra, MG Hector and Kia Seltos already come with connected car tech in India.
- Expect new City to come to India sometime in mid-2020 with connected car tech.
- Hyundai is soon expected to offer connected car tech across most of its models.
Honda recently revealed the new-generation City in Thailand. Apart from the new design, the interesting bit about the new-gen City is that it gets connected features. Honda cars were previously sold with Honda Connect, which collected telemetry data, had a geo-fencing feature, kept a record of trips, and could do a whole lot more.
However, the new City unveiled in Thailand gets an updated version of Honda Connect. While the features in the previous version were impressive, the Honda Connect system now comes with the ability to remotely start a car, lock and unlock doors, and operate lights as well.
The new City also has the ability to provide WiFi to passengers and there’s also a bigger 8-inch touchscreen on offer now. Connected cars have been all the rage in the Indian market in 2019 with the likes of Hyundai Venue, Elantra, MG Hector and Kia Seltos being offered with internet functionality.
There shall, however, be a wait because the latest version of Honda Connect will take some time to come to India. The earliest we can hope for is by mid-2020. That is when we expect the new City to come to India.
Other carmakers like Hyundai are also expected to offer these features across their premium models in the coming future. The Venue and Elantra already get connected car tech and we expect the Korean carmaker to offer it in the upcoming Elite i20 and City’s arch rival, the 2020 facelifted Verna, among others.
Source :- CarDekho.com