The Freestyle is essentially a more rugged-looking Figo facelift, just that it was launched a year before the hatchback
The recently launched 2019 Ford Figo facelift primarily rivals the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Swift and Hyundai Grand i10 in India. However, if you’re planning to buy the Figo, you will see the Freestyle in Ford dealerships as well. And while it’s more expensive than the Figo, it’s also more rugged looking.
But is it worth spending some more money on the Freestyle over the Figo? And more importantly, in the same budget, which of these two cars delivers better value?
- The Freestyle is longer, wider and taller than the Figo. However, the two cars have an identical wheelbase.
- Both the Ford cars are powered by the same 1.2-litre petrol engine with identical power and torque figures.
- They also get the same 5-speed manual gearbox.
- The Figo, however, also gets the EcoSport’s 1.5-litre petrol engine paired with a 6-speed automatic gearbox only.
- The Freestyle does not get the option of an automatic transmission.
- Despite being powered by the same 1.2-litre petrol engine, the Figo is more frugal than its crossover counterpart. It should be a result of the hatchback’s lower weight.
- Both the Ford cars share the diesel engine as well and have similar power and torque outputs.
- The Figo continues to be the more frugal option here as well.
We will compare only similarly priced variants of both the cars. Here’s a price table of the variants compared below